Barilla® Ziti Sicilian-style Baked with Sardinesdi Academia Barilla
Didn't you find all the ingredients? Would you like to experiment with variations?
Look at the table and replace the original ingredient with the alternative one. Pay attention to the quantities which could be different.
|ORIGINAL INGREDIENT||ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENT||QUANTITY|
|Salt Packed anchovies||Anchovies in olive oil||5 ounces|
2. Drain and set aside
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a wide pan over medium heat and add 2 cloves of peeled garlic, a few tablespoons of cold water, a pinch of saffron mixed with a little bit of water, salt and pepper
4. Cook for about 4 minutes, then add the washed, boned and filleted sardines and cook for an additional 5 minutes
5. Remove the pan from the heat, remove the garlic and set the sauce aside
6. Wash, skin and bone the anchovies, then crush them in a mortar together with the parsley and a large spoonful of lukewarm water
7. Heat the rest of the olive oil in another pan, add the remaining clove of peeled garlic and the finely chopped onion
8. When the onion has browned, add the chopped wild fennel, raisins, pine nuts and the anchovy-parsley paste and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes
9. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water for the time indicated on the package
10. Drain the pasta and arrange in a baking dish lined with parchment paper, alternating the pasta with layers of sauce and sardines, ending with a layer of sauce
11. Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for about 20 minutes and serve